Applicants holding citizenship of another country, please refer to the dual citizenship page at https://kenyaconsulatela.com/services/dualcitizenship/ before applying for a new/replacement passport. If the other citizenship was acquired before August 2010 pleaseDO NOTapply for a Kenya ID or passport until you regain your Kenyan citizenship.
- After reading the requirements below, scroll to the bottom of the page to continue with the online application. A sample video on how to complete the online application may be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCay7Wmaqak
- Once completed and submitted, remember to download, print, review and signthe application before mailing it to the Kenya Consulate in Los Angeles.
- If you have had a passport for 10 years from the date of issue, you are required to apply for a new passport. You may apply for a new passport 6 months before expiry.
- Form 19 (Fillable online)fully completed and signed
- Original Kenyan Passport and
- Two(2) Copies of Kenyan Passport (Bio Data pages only)
- Copy of 2nd Generation Kenya National Identity card front and back. (Mandatory- If you do not have a Kenya National ID read – http://www.kenyaconsulatela.com/id.aspx)
- Three(3) recent passport size photos Click here for specifications:
- A Money Order or Cashiers Check of: (Payable to CONSULATE GENERAL OF KENYA LOS ANGELES. Do not staple check/money order onto document)
(a) $120.00 for a 32 page passport.
(b) $150.00 for a 48 page passport.
- A copy of your birth certificate showing both sides.
- A notarized copy of recommender’s 2nd Generation Kenyan ID. A recommender is a Kenyan of sound mind who can certify that you are a Kenyan citizen. This person cannot be a relative.
- In the case of married women who wish to change their name(s), a copy of the marriage certificate duly certified/registered with the county should be provided.
- In case of a divorce, a divorce certificate/divorce decree, duly authenticated by the Secretary of State of the United States of America should be provided.
- A self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your passport(s). The envelope should have enough postage for: Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail are not acceptable).
- Please note that it takes 10-12 weeks to get a new passport from the date the application is received in NAIROBI
- PRINT all pages, including the first page and return it together with this instructions sheet. Kindly ensure that the application forms are properly signed and dated.
- Expedited service is not available for new passports.
- Any incomplete application will be returned unprocessed.
- To avoid delays in processing your application, ensure that you have read all the requirements above.
*Please PRINT all pages, including the first page and return it together with this instructions sheet. Kindly ensure that the application forms are properly signed and dated.
*No Expedited service available for new passports.NB: Any incomplete application will not be processed.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.