Applicants holding citizenship of another country, please refer to the dual citizenship page at https://kenyaconsulatela.com/services/dualcitizenship/ before applying for a new/replacement passport. If the other citizenship was acquired before August 2010 pleaseDO NOTapply for a Kenya ID or passport until you regain your Kenyan citizenship.
- After reading the requirements below, scroll to the bottom of the page to continue with the online application. A sample video on how to complete the online application may be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCay7Wmaqak
- Once completed and submitted, remember to download, print, review and signthe application before mailing it to the Kenya Consulate in Los Angeles.
- If you have had a passport for 10 years from the date of issue, you are required to apply for a new passport. You may apply for a new passport 6 months before expiry.
- Form 19 (Fillable online)fully completed and signed
- Original Kenyan Passport and
- Two(2) Copies of Kenyan Passport (Bio Data pages only)
- Copy of 2nd Generation Kenya National Identity card front and back. (Mandatory- If you do not have a Kenya National ID read – https://kenyaconsulatela.com/services/id/)
- Three(3) recent passport size photos
(a) They should be clear with all facial features clearly outlined.
(b) Photos should show the full face and ears.
(c) Photos should be taken against a white background
(d) The size of the face should be 2 inches by 2 inches.
(e) Weaves and hair should not cover the forehead or the rest of the face.
(f) Decent photos – ladies should not be wearing strappy or strapless tops.
(g) Photos should be without shadows in the background.
(h) The applicant should not smiling or laughing.
(i) Photos should be taken without spectacles.
- A Money Order or Cashiers Check of: (Payable to CONSULATE GENERAL OF KENYA LOS ANGELES. Do not staple check/money order onto document)
(a) $120.00 for a 32 page passport.
(b) $150.00 for a 48 page passport.
- A copy of your birth certificate showing both sides.
- A notarized copy of recommender’s 2nd Generation Kenyan ID. A recommender is a Kenyan of sound mind who can certify that you are a Kenyan citizen. This person cannot be a relative.
- In the case of married women who wish to change their name(s), a copy of the marriage certificate duly certified/registered with the county should be provided.
- In case of a divorce, a divorce certificate/divorce decree, duly authenticated by the Secretary of State of the United States of America should be provided.
- A self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your passport(s). The envelope should have enough postage for: Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail are not acceptable).
- Please note that it takes 10-12 weeks to get a new passport from the date the application is received in NAIROBI
- PRINT all pages, including the first page and return it together with this instructions sheet. Kindly ensure that the application forms are properly signed and dated.
- Expedited service is not available for new passports.
- Any incomplete application will be returned unprocessed.
- To avoid delays in processing your application, ensure that you have read all the requirements above.
*Please PRINT all pages, including the first page and return it together with this instructions sheet. Kindly ensure that the application forms are properly signed and dated.
*No Expedited service available for new passports.
NB: Any incomplete application will not be processed.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.