- After reading the requirements below, scroll to the bottom of the page to continue with the online application. A sample video on how to complete the online application may be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCay7Wmaqak
- Once completed and submitted, remember to download, print, review and sign the application before mailing it to the Kenya Consulate in Los Angeles.
- If you have had a passport for 10 years from the date of issue, you are required to apply for a new passport. You may apply for a new passport 6 months before expiry.
- Form 19, fully completed and signed
- Original and copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Copy of the minor’s foreign passport, where applicable.
- Parent’s original Kenya passport if the child was previously endorsed (and 2 copies of the endorsement page).
- Proof of father’s/mother’s Kenya citizenship (Kenya passport and Kenya ID).
- A copy of the father’s/mother’s Kenyan birth certificate (front and back pages)
- A copy of parents’ marriage certificate (where applicable).
- Written consent from father/mother/legal guardian to issue the child with a passport. Click to download parent consent form
- Three (3) clear, recent passport size pictures taken full face with both ears visible. Computer-generated pictures are not acceptable.
- A notarized copy of recommender’s 2 nd generation Kenyan ID. A recommender is a Kenyan of sound mind who can certify that you are a Kenyan citizen. This person cannot be a relative.
- A Money Order or Cashier’s Check of $120.00 payable to CONSULATE GENERAL OF KENYA LOS ANGELES. Do not staple check/money order onto document.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your passport (s). The envelope should have adequate postage for Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, metered stamps and regular mail are not acceptable).
NB: Any incomplete application will be returned.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.