Online Application for a Lost/Mutilated Kenyan Passport
- After reading the requirements below, scroll to the bottom of the page to continue with the online application. A sample video on how to complete the online application may be viewed at??https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCay7Wmaqak
- Once completed and submitted, remember to download, print, review and sign??the application before mailing it to the Kenya Consulate in Los Angeles.
- If you have had a passport for 10 years from the date of issue, you are required to apply for a new passport. You may apply for a new passport 6 months before expiry.
- Form 19 fully completed and signed
- Copy of your lost passport; OR
- Original and/or copy of your mutilated passport
- Three (3) recent passport size photos: click for specifications. Computer- generated pictures are not acceptable.
- Pro-forma for lost/mutilated passport, dully filled, signed and submitted in duplicate
- A money order or cashier???s check of:??
- $250.00 (lost passport) ????
- $210.00 (mutilated passport) payable to CONSULATE GENERAL OF KENYA LOS ANGELES. Do not staple check/money order onto document
- A copy of your birth certificate (front and back pages).
- A copy of the police report stating how your passport got lost.
- Copy of 2 nd generation Kenya Identity Card (ID).
- Notarized Affidavit (Download Affidavit).
- A notarized copy of recommender's 2 nd generation Kenyan ID. A recommender is a Kenyan of sound mind who can certify that you are a Kenyan citizen. This person cannot be a relative.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your passport. The envelope should have enough postage for Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and regular mail are not acceptable).
*Please note that it takes 6-8 weeks to get a new passport from the date the application is received in NAIROBI
*Please return this instructions sheet together with the application.
*No Expedited service available for new passports.
NB: Any incomplete application will be returned.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.??