Application for a Kenyan Passport for a Child Under 18 Years
Pursuant to section 27(1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act 2011 as read with section 12 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulation 2012, legal notice No. 64, all applicants are required to complete??Form 19 (Fillable online)??as the Kenya Passport application form set out in the first schedule of the Regulations.
- After reading the requirements below, scroll to the bottom of the page to continue with the online application. A sample video on how to complete the online application may be viewed at??https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCay7Wmaqak
- Once completed and submitted, remember to download, print, review and sign??the application before mailing it to the Kenya Consulate in Los Angeles.
- If you have had a passport for 10 years from the date of issue, you are required to apply for a new passport. You may apply for a new passport 6 months before expiry.
- Form 19, fully completed and signed
- Original and copy of the child???s birth certificate.
- Copy of the minor's foreign passport, where applicable.
- Parent???s original Kenya passport if the child was previously endorsed (and 2 copies of the endorsement page).
- Proof of father's/mother???s Kenya citizenship (Kenya passport and Kenya ID).
- A copy of the father's/mother's Kenyan birth certificate (front and back pages)
- A copy of parents??? marriage certificate (where applicable).
- Written consent from father/mother/legal guardian to issue the child with a passport.??Click to download parent consent form
- Three (3) clear, recent passport size pictures taken full face with both ears visible. Computer-generated pictures are not acceptable.
- A notarized copy of recommender's 2'nd generation Kenyan ID. A recommender is a Kenyan of sound mind who can certify that you are a Kenyan citizen. This person cannot be a relative.
- A Money Order or Cashier???s Check of $120.00 payable to CONSULATE GENERAL OF KENYA LOS ANGELES. Do not staple check/money order onto document.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your passport (s). The envelope should have adequate postage for Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, metered stamps and regular mail are not acceptable).
NB: Any incomplete application will be returned.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.??